I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award, for the second time! And if the first award was The Godfather, this is certainly the bigger, meatier and all around more epic Godfather Part II. Or, if Sci-Fi is your thing, Empire Strikes Back compared with A New Hope. Or Speed 2 (no, just me? Only kidding!)
The lovely person who nominated me for the sunshine award is Natasha Harmer at http://natashaharmeryear1.wordpress.com and I urge anyone to go take a look at her blog, it is rammed full of film reviews, articles and interviews. There is some really fun and interesting stuff on there.
And so, on to the duties that come with such an honour. The “with great power comes great responsibility” part if you will. I have to first state 11 random facts about myself, followed by answering 11 questions that Natasha set, think of 11 MORE questions and then nominate 11 further blogs for the award. So, here goes:
11 Random Facts about Tom Ford
1 – I’m not a fashion designer
2 – I am slowly starting to shake with excitement at the thought of Christmas arriving.
3 – My favourite director is Wes Anderson
4 – I have a tattoo of John Lennon’s ‘self portrait’ on my wrist.
5 – My facial hair is ginger, but my hair is dark brown.
6 – I once had a pet Beagle I called Buckley, named after the Beagle in The Royal Tenenbaums
7 – I hate horror films, only because I’m too scared of them.
8 – I’ve just discovered I want to be an animator, but can’t really draw. The same applies to making music.
9 – One of the only films I ever turned off very quickly after it started was Dinner For Schmucks. It’s bad.
10 – I worked a couple of days as a runner on Get Him To The Greek, and gave Russell Brand his Espresso from Starbucks.
11 – I hate Starbucks.
And now I will try and answer Natasha’s questions as honestly and openly as I can…
- If I gave you a puppy now (for arguments sake let’s say it’s a boy) what would you call it? My wife and I have our second baby due in 3 months and can’t for the life of us think of a name, so this is gonna be hard. Maybe Don off the top of my head.
- What’s your go-to drink at the bar? A pint of lager. Boring and predictable sorry!
- Who’s your favourite actor/actress? At the moment, Ryan Gosling probably. Of the past De Niro, Pacino or Newman I would say.
- What’s your favourite Pixar movie? Easy, Cars. I did a post a couple of months ago saying its my favourite film of all time purely because my son loves it so much and I have seen it more than any other film, ever!
- What’s your favourite time of year? December 1st to December 31st. Then fast forward to summer please!
- Do you have any pets? If so, what and what are their names? Not at present. I have a two year old son called Lucas though, if that counts?
- What did you always want to be when you grew up, and has that changed now that you have grown up? I never wanted to be anything when I grew up. Now I want to be a musician, writer, film maker, animator or just about anything creative.
- What kind of videos do you waste the most time watching on Youtube? I don’t tend to watch any videos on YouTube.
- What do you want for Christmas this year? I asked for the book The Wes Anderson Collection. It looks amazing.
- What will be your new year’s resolution? Do more writing I guess.
- Who’s your celebrity crush? So many (Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman among others) but I think Zooey Deschanel overall at this present time.
My nominees for the Sunshine Award are:
Congratulations to you all! Now get on and answer THESE questions!
1. What is the last film you saw?
2. Name a song that makes you cry?
3. Mince Pie or Christmas Pudding?
4. What is your favourite TV show?
5. Liger or Tigon?
6. If you could be any character from any movie, who would you be?
7. What’s your address and phone number? Just Kidding. Are you any good at karaoke?
8. What’s the best thing that has ever happened to you (other than this award)?
9. Do you like Tom Ford?
10. What is the last book you read?
11. Do you like Matthew McConaughey as much as I do?
There we go, I look forward to hearing everyone’s answers!
Thanks again to Natasha for the nomination.